Saturday, July 10, 2010

Simplicity 4628


I have quite a few vintage slip patterns. This one isn't super exciting but it sure is practical. I do wish it included a pattern for the bra at the right- vintage bra patterns are much harder to find. I don't think as many women sewed their own bras even back then. Slips, however, are generally easy to sew. It's not easy to find attractive modern undergarment patterns. Luckily I don't need to.


If I ever get back to a vintage size 20 (38 bust, 32 waist) I'll finally make myself a ton of slips. And dresses to go over them. I've made at least one from my collection though I can't find it.

I don't see a date on the pattern but I'd say this is mid 1940's.

2 comments:

  1. I have this pattern and have made it!! I made it with bird chiffon and it actually came out pretty crappy as i had NO IDEA how to sew with chiffon. it was reasonably easy to make.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/halfwaythere/4326350084/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god- I had no idea your comment was awaiting moderation! (I didn't think I had it set for that) Chiffon is super tricky to sew with, I'm terrified of it myself. But when you get it right, of course chiffon is wonderful.

    That's so cool that you have the same pattern!

    ReplyDelete